Morristown, Tennessee, located between Knoxville and the Tri-Cities, features a variety of indoor and outdoor activities. Life Care Center of Morristown is located close to shopping, restaurants and hotels. For a day trip, we suggest:
- The Morristown Visitors Bureau provides a guide to events, attractions, outdoor activities, hotels, shopping and restaurants.
- The General Longstreet Headquarters Museum includes tours of the house General James Longstreet used from 1863-1864.
- The Crockett Tavern Museum is built on the location of Davy Crockett’s boyhood home and includes guided tours and a pioneer-related store.
- The Morristown Theatre Guild, Inc., is a community theater performing since 1934, including live theater and musicals.
- The Cherokee National Forest covers more than 650,000 acres of land and features more than 600 miles of walking trails, seven whitewater rivers, 30 campgrounds and three large lakes.